- First introduction to VT Packages
- Learned how to book out equipment
- Getting used to using iPods and exporting media
- Health and safety forms
- Safe practice training
- GV’s and filming practice with VT group
- Premier pro introduction
- Group training for voice with Vanessa
- First time learning about radio etiquette.
- Beginning of research
- Learned how to perform and film piece to camera
- Had some more radio training and podcast tips
- Also learned about story angles and how crucial they can be for a good story.
- Prep for site visit next week
- Visited parliament to film a VT on Brexit protests
- First time filming at a large event
- Helped us find our feet and learn more about the best ways to go about approaching scenarios.
- Also learned the proper procedure of renting equipment
- First attempt at editing a full vt
- Got to grips with the editing software first hand
- Beginning to understand sound levels
- Started to look at how to make a vt transition seamlessly.
- vowed VT’s in class and discussed angles and what shots make it more interesting to watch for viewers
- Did some work on interviewing, learned techniques and placement in front of the camera.
- Filmed vox pope around uni as practice for our finals vt’s
- Viewed more VT’s in class and further discussion on how to get the perfect VT.
- Began looking at possible stories for both radio and video packages.
- Met as a group to discuss what we would like to film and what we think would make a good vt.
- Recap on how to submit vt and what to do in order to gain top marks
- Began planning for a radio interview and vox pops
- Script writing for radio complete
- Booked out equipment for VT Filming
- Recorded radio script and began editing
- Arranged to meet the interviewee
- Filmed final VT using the criteria and the tutorials we had to try and achieve the best possible. Filming techniques included, piece to camera, close up, vox pop alternations.
- Putting files on a shared workspace so all team members and editor could access.
- Reviewed final submissions
- Re-edited and checked both VT and radio packages.
- Met with the group to write final sheet
- Submitted both packages to Moodle with supporting documents.