ITA-101 can hopefully answer your questions about a trip that meets the following criteria:
- Travelers are visiting and/or traveling through Italy
- Travelers possess a US Passport
- Travelers are visiting for tourism (not business, work, school, etc.)
- Duration of trip is not more than 30 days
If you’re going to Italy and you meet the above criteria, here is ITA-101:
LANGUAGES, LAWS, & CUSTOMS
- When in Rome, police / guards may be carrying large guns around the city. This may seem alarming to tourists unfamiliar with seeing military-grade weapons so commonplace.
- Avoid anyone who hands you anything. This seems obvious, but people will try to give you a small “free gift” on the street and then immediately expect payment.
- You have to pay to use public bathrooms.
- Water at restaurants is not complimentary and will be included in your bill.
*PLEASE NOTE: This information is for US Citizens who possess a US passport. Visitors from other countries may require different information regarding their trip to Italy.